Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Never underestimate the power of a good cup of coffee. I am positively invigorated. Of course, it is a complete caffeine rush so I'm not certain how long this will last.

This morning was a lovely blend of grey clouds, crisp air and exhaust as I walked the puppy. He does fantastically on the leash. Better than most adult dogs I know. Well, the trucks freak him out and he tries to trot along beside me while jumping up and grabbing the leash. Such a fun morning.

It's amazing to me how much better my day goes when I take half an hour to walk in the mornings. It's not so much about fitness as it is about clearing my head and focusing on the task at hand. Amazing. Well, what's most amazing is how long I'll go without doing it and then wonder why I end up in a funk.


I'm kind of stuck in a weird place. I really enjoy the discussion and writing on my blog but I end up in one of two places. A) The discussion is so much fun I spend way too much time researching, writing and responding or B) In fits of spontaneous goofyness I just want to post nothing but internet quizzes and pictures of stupid things.

It's the whole extreme personality thing of which my husband accuses me . See, I don't find daily journal entries about the inanities of my life something I like to foist upon you, my loyal reader. Occasionally it's ok, but not all the time. The glamour would fade and you would realize that I'm neither as brilliant nor as spectacular as I pretend to be. ;) On the other hand, I'm not capable of non-stop deep spiritual conversation. After awhile I just want to beat my head against the wall. Political commentary? There are so many folks doing so much better than I could I hesitate to jump into the fray. Humor? I'm funny in person but "personality" doesn't always translate well in written form. Well, I think I'm funny...

So! All to say.... What should I write about? Child rearing? I've got two kids. Homeschooling? Hm. Messianic Judaism from the perspective of a relative neophyte? Marriage? Been married 12 1/2 years. Friendship? I've got a few friends. Cooking? I'm a fair to decent cook. Style? I'm nothing if not glamorous! :) Animal husbandry? I've got 2 cats, a dog, a horse and years of experience with farm critters. Gardening? I can kill a plant in no time at all.

I could write more poetry. Seems to just thrill you all! *sarcasm ends*