Saturday, April 21, 2007

I should be cleaning my house right now. I shouldn't be sitting here at 9:41 in my bathrobe hating the fact we had family pictures done today and I despise the way I looked in them. That would be vain. I should avoid the ice cream in the fridge even though it's "no sugar added" and probably tastes like a chemical peel. That would be self-pity and self-indulgent. I shouldn't be irritated by the random act of a rude person who hasn't the good sense to behave more maturely. Even if she did point it my direction. That would be petty.

I shouldn't have watched Lake Placid. A complete waste of an hour and a half I will never get back. I should have called my brother back yesterday. I forgot. And that's so not cool.

So, now that you know it's far more enjoyable for me to sit here and talk in your general direction than to take care of my should's and shouldn't's I'll keep going.

Jennifer of Diary of 1 nominated me for the "Thinking Blogger Award" and has said lovely and flattering things about me. Now I'm completely intimidated and will resort to fart jokes or something else equally ridiculous to compensate for a barely hidden sense of overwhelming incompetency. Ok, I won't tell a fart joke. But I gotta say, I'm dying here.

You know how some people have those "Love language" tests done? My lowest two scores were, in order, Words Of Affirmation and Gifts. Not only do I not know what to do, I barely remember I'm supposed to do something reciprocal when this stuff happens. I have seriously written myself notes like "Say something nice about *** today. It will bless ***." And gifts? Um... Do people really need more stuff? Will they really appreciate whatever trinket/bauble/item I can afford to purchase for them? J. Peterman went out of business and while a cat is a lovely gift for a short period of time, the romance wears off after the first soiled carpet...

So, all that to get here. Thank you very much, Jennifer. I was just telling someone today I found your writing elegant and beautiful as well as thought provoking. I am blessed to see you enjoy what I write here.