Sunday, February 11, 2007

Apparently I'm in the year of the Secretary Bird.

A few weeks ago my darling husband set up a wonderful mission oak corner desk for me in our very tiny home office. Since that time he has added a computer, fax/copier, printer, scanner, Ipaq, shelves, a filing cabinet, turkish rug mouse pad and an exquisite lamp. Oh and the art glass pen holder!

I'm feeling quite spoiled and am seriously geeking out over my new gadgetry and software packages. Yet, I am strangely calmed and inspired by the artistic touches of the beautiful things. Like the flashing light on my Ipaq as it charges.... No!!! The warm colors of the lamp shade and the irridescence of the art glass!

I've often wondered what my "love languages" are. Apparently I am ok with "gift giving" I just don't particularly care for chocolates and roses. Sometimes the truth is best found in the nuance, eh?

Next up? A new phone and a bluetooth.

He takes such good care of me. I really don't deserve any of it but I'll do my best to show how much I appreciate him.