Monday, January 22, 2007


Goodness I love the show "Heroes". If you don't like it then you a) haven't seen it or b) are retarded. There are no two ways about it. How can you not love a realio trulio come to life comic book?!

On to other stuff. CodeMonkeyRamblings' infamous MikeT has made an assertion of sorts.

To wit he states:

"It's one thing in the spur of the moment, but if you really sit down and think about it, you're no better than they are. If the law has failed you, then you have to accept that as God's will and move on."

I find that quite interesting. On several levels. Firstly, the law of the land does not, in my humble opinion, supercede the moral and even more importantly spiritual law of right and wrong. To which "law" is MikeT referring, I ask?

Biblical law calls for the death penalty for those who indulge in the abuse of the innocent in the area of sexual immorality. Incest, homosexuality and bestiality being among those behaviors deserving of death. As a side note, that same passage, Leviticus 20, also applies to those who engage in "spiritism" and would call themselves "mediums".

If the national law allows a pedophile to get away with writing an essay is he or she any less deserving of death? I suppose that all depends on whether or not one would choose to acknowledge the relevance of the Torah and the Tanakh, eh?

I stand by my statement. If I am aware that a person has abused my child, I will defend my child to the full extent of my ability to do so. There's no free pass.

I am better than they are. I am not penalizing the innocent, I am punishing the guilty. We are not equals with the freedom to indulge in logical and reasonable debate.

It's not a matter of perspective. That's the reality so many refuse to face. This dumbing down of what is righteous has led to a societal comprimise exposing our children to those without conscience who would use G-d given childish innocence for their own sick and twisted personal gratification.

And to take a life in the spur of the moment as being somehow forgiveable while the pre-meditated and methodical variety being less acceptable? How so? I believe those who prey on the weak forfeit their right to basic human dignity. They show they are incapable of allowing their victims that right.

Somewhere in the last 100 years or so the emasculation of the righteous has led us to hole up in our little buildings whispering sweet nothings about pacifism and tolerance. It should not be the exception for those who identify with a Holy and Just G-d to rise up and say "no more" to evil. Sadly it is.

These roaches of humanity have come scurrying out of the darkness while we carefully tend our little candles and run away to hide.

I don't threaten anyone who may touch my children to destroy them. At that point, it's time to pay up.